This is the live blog for April 15, 2020.
Head here for the latest news: https://wwww.lengoo.de/blog/05-26-2020-live-blog-for-covid-19-updates-in-germany-in-english/
Non-German native speakers have a hard time to stay on top of the news concerning the development of the situation of CoViD-19 specifically in Germany. Because of that, we curate a live blog in English for all people living in Germany. The information published on this site is translated from German and based on the live blog of Tagesschau.
We are using the combination of custom-trained machine translation models and expert linguists to provide these translations.
We are live-translating between 09:00 am CEST and 17:30 pm CEST
- Major events may be prohibited until August 31
- No general mask obligation - but "recommendation"
- Retailers up to 800 sqm open again from Monday
- Contact restrictions could be extended until at least 3rd May.
- RKI reports 285 deaths in Germany within one day.
- Number of companies that have registered short-time work rises to 725,000
- Austria again allows several different types of sport
- US President Trump stops payments to WHO